Simple Chicken Curry
Super simple Chicken Curry, packed full of flavors!
For Plant-Based - use potatoes (sweet & white) + chickpeas, super yum too!
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
3 teaspoon Thai red curry paste, I use Thai Kitchen
3 tablespoon coconut oil
1 pound boneless chicken thighs (breasts will work too)
2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
2 finely chopped chili peppers (green or red)
4 large finely chopped garlic cloves
1 medium finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
pinch of salt
1/3 cup of water
2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
lime wedges for decoration
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat up 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet and add chopped chicken thighs.
2. Cook on medium-high until chicken pieces are slightly browned but not cooked all the way (5-6 minutes). Turn off the heat and set aside.
3. Heat up another skillet with the remaining coconut oil and add finely chopped onions.
4. Sauté onions until starting to become golden, add in ginger and chili peppers. Cook for a minute stirring occasionally and add finely chopped garlic. Cook for another minute.
5. Add in coconut milk, water, red curry paste and bring everything to a boil. Mix well to ensure there is no clumps from red curry paste and everything is well incorporated.
6. Transfer the chicken thighs from the other skillet into coconut milk mixture and bring everything to boil.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer on medium-low for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken if fully cooked through.
8. Cook basmati rice according to manufacturer's instructions. Once cooked, squeeze lime juice over it and decorate with lime wedge. Lime juice makes such a difference, don't skip this step - trust me!
9. Serve chicken with basmati rice and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Share it!
Go to my YouTube channel for more recipes + inspirations & subscribe!
All perishable ingredients came from Thrive Market
I made video review of this amazing online store. Check them out to save up to 45% on great quality food!