I love making frittatas! They are filling, delicious, easy to make and can be eaten cold as a snack. This recipe is hard to mess up: just throw in whatever veggies, herbs, and spices you have on hand, mix in your egg mixture, and you are DONE!
This frittata recipe is excellent for people who want to incorporate more greens into their diet.
1 bunch Tuscan or curly kale (centers removed)
½ medium onion (chopped)
1 large potato (peeled and cut into small cubes)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (chopped)
2 TBSP olive oil (avocado oil or ghee works great too)
7 organic eggs
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Heat up 1 TBSP oil in a large ovenproof frying pan and add in cubed potatoes.
Cover skillet and cook over medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, stirring a few times, until the potatoes and golden. Remove potatoes from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil into the same skillet and add in onions and mushrooms. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften. Add the garlic and stir it around for about 20-30 seconds until it releases its fragrant aroma. Add in the kale and keep stirring until wilted. Keep mixing the veggies around until all the liquid is evaporated.
4. Add the cooked potatoes back into the skillet and mix well.
5. Stir in the egg mixture, combine everything well and then transfer the pan to your oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes until center is set.